Finding the life's purpose and putting into action. Advice I got from a public figure





We all have that one thing which we secretly wish to pursue one day in our life. But most of us end up killing it by simply finding excuses rather than finding ways to realize it. I speak about dreams and passions with almost all ages, I love listening to such things and admire those who follow them; they're my tribe, my inspiration. And what hurts me is most of the people chase money so much that they forget about genuine happiness. 

Chasing money is not a stupid thing, it makes our lives a bit easier. The problem is not with the money but with the people who measure everything with money and believe money is everything, materialistic happiness is the ultimate. No, it's not.

Measuring passion with money (your passion should earn a fortune for you) is one of the biggest reasons we give to ourselves to quit doing what we love. Consider this example, if you're passionate to become a writer and wish to publish a book, which is not going to be easy (as most people say), it may take months to write, years to publish and get popular, the time frame is unpredictable... and if you get an opportunity to work for something you don't like/hate to do that every day but pays you good money. So, what will you choose now? If it already happened in your life, what was your pick  -passion or money?? Most of the people often confuse here.




I never got a convincing answer anywhere unless I met a public figure, Mr Hans Ulrich Obrist at a conference in Frankfurt, Germany in 2017. He's an author, historian, art curator (and he does many things actually). I asked him the same question; writer or a high paid job? His answer was pretty simple....he said, "in that case do two things, one should bring you money and the other should bring happiness. There are many ways to make money with your obsession, find them.. and many people have done that."  How simple is that! He also shared a story about someone (I don't remember) who used to work on his obsession after his boring job and became a popular author. 


Mr Hans Ulrich Obrist at me Convention, Frankfurt in 2017

That's how he explained it! (And his autograph at the bottom) 


I remember a chapter that I read from the book, Rework, it's one of the must-read books for startup enthusiasts. It says,... "squeeze a little time every day and work on what you love." I am sharing that chapter here, please read it. 





       One more best advice from this chapter (that I highlighted) is giving a hint on how to find true obsessions/interests with very little efforts, it's a kind of a quick trial and error method! Doesn't it seem like an extremely simple solution to an extremely complex problem/confusion?



Come on guys, it's not that difficult to do something that you love. No matter how big or complex the thing is, simplify it to a level that is comfortable with your circumstances. Take time for yourself, brainstorm about it and see what all you can do! 




Humour with a deep message! Found this at a youth hostel in Genova, Italy









“You will never be a guilt escape from your heart. So it's better to listen to what it has to say. That way, you'll never have to fear an unanticipated blow.” 

― Paulo Coelho The Alchemist






Comments

Varunya said…
Well said!!
Totally agree with it and hope it inspires the readers (like me), who also gave up passion and became an iron board๐Ÿ˜
But it's never too late though.
Please continue your passion to write as well, your setting up a great example my accidental friend ๐Ÿ˜
Hi Varunya, Thanks for your encouraging comment, I appreciate it! And yes, its never too late to do anything. I totally agree! :)
Anonymous said…
So good
You write so good and it's getting better as you write more

I like topic everyone can relate to it and we should practice it as well .. Motivating ourselves and pushing harder
Sai ram sagar said…
I always admire by your posts Sai prakash. Very well said. Spending an extra hour a day means a lot to make our dreams come true. Thank you for writing such a beautiful article and keep going with your passion.
Thanks for your compliments, Sai Ram. I am glad that you liked the article.
Very well written Sai keep up the good work and good luck
Thank you very much for your comment, Sir.

Popular Posts